Friday 28 March 2014

Just can't leave it alone

The funny thing with pinhole and film photography in general is that I just can't leave it alone.  It's addictive.  In fact in several posts that I have made I have consistently said that I'm enjoying the whole process more that digital.  I still feel like I'm crafting something.

Last week, I decided that I would shoot with the 4" x 5" again.  I had four sheets of film left (now two) but I thought I would continue to experiment with this film.

The other night I decided I would take a shot of Marsden Park, Nelson.  This is an area that has water in and plenty of activity.  It's a good choice to give me an idea a coastal 4" x 5" pinhole would look like.

Of course I was using the Rollei ATO 2.1 film that I had left.  This time I took some advice from Massive Dev Chart.  I decided I would shoot it with an EI of 1 but the exposure time would have been around 36 hours.  I didn't really want to spend that much time on site so I decided I would expose it for the amount of time I had and then see what happened.  So in the end the exposure ended up being around 40 minutes.  Quite impressed with this one.  Still could have done with a little longer exposure but it's nearly there!

No comments:

Post a Comment