Thursday 29 May 2014

World Pinhole Day and Lancoast Update

A while ago I posted about World Pinhole Day.  Well, I went out and shot an image on the Micropress 4” x 5” Pinhole.  I was out on quite a lovely warm morning and sprawled out in the sun for about an hour while the light, landscape, physics and chemistry did there bit and created a nice little image.

This has been uploaded to the World Pinhole Photography website and is now part of its annual exhibition.

The Lancoast project is divided up in to two distinct sections the first is the shooting phase which involved quite a bit of experimentation to ensure that I could get the results that I wanted.  I have to admit, I am a happy bunny.  I like the negatives that I’m getting.  I’m also now used to the film.  I have a good idea of how I should handle it in both shooting and developing.  So the experimentation phase is now well and truly over with for this part of the project.  Soon I will be going out on to location and making pictures.

Of course, I will be scanning the images and posting on here so there will be something to see but once winter comes the second phase of experimentation will begin.  That is the experimentation of making paper and prints.  Interesting and challenging times!

No comments:

Post a Comment